Hi everyone, it’s time for this week’s Midweek Sparkles. But I want to start mixing these up a bit and sharing some updates from my week in addition to the fun things from around the web! So last week I traveled to Boston for a few days for work and then got to come home for a fun and relaxing weekend. On Saturday, G and I went to the driving range with my dad and then had a delicious lunch there (odd that the restaurant at a Golf Center would be good – but Club Casa Cafe came through!). Nothing fancy but really yummy.
After lunch, I went to get a haircut with my mom. No major changes, just a trim! Then G and I had a date night – we went out to dinner and watched The Accountant. Overall a pretty good movie – a few tense parts and it SO obviously set up a sequel or series. I will say that I don’t think it was particularly accurate in how it portrayed the Autism spectrum; I tried to be forgiving because it was a movie but it was a weak point in the movie.
On Sunday, my mom and I baked a cake for an upcoming blog post and then we went with G and my dad out to dinner. We tried the Palm Court in Arlington Heights, which had a very very fun Mad Men type decor/atmosphere but just medium food. And then after a fun weekend, it was back to work for everyone (well except my dad who is retired)!
Although, in other very exciting news, my friend got engaged this weekend as well! I’m very excited for her!! And, to make it even better, she and her fiance are coming up to visit this weekend! So we get to go dress shopping! (Well her fiance will find something else to entertain him while we dress shop!) That means two weddings for us to celebrate this summer!
So that was my week and weekend! We’ve got a lot coming up with friends visiting and a trip to Nashville in the near future!But to help you get through the week, here are some Midweek Sparkles from around the web:
- I am always on the lookout for new TV shows to watch – and especially this type of show. Any suggestions?
- Speaking of TV, this show seems a bit dark for me, but I loved Mad Men so I might need to see what it’s all about.
- Later this week I’ll be sharing some of my favorite teas, but as I get super excited for Beauty and the Beast to come out, these may need to join my list!
- I think this bike is awesome… makes me wish I was better at bike riding!
- These all need to be added to my restaurant list!!
- I try to be pretty natural and cruelty-free with my beauty routine, but this is my new dream perfume!
- I adore Emma Watson for so many reasons… only one of which involves her playing Hermione in the Harry Potter series!
- I’m obsessed with Disney so if I have a daughter someday… this may happen!
Well that’s it for the Midweek Sparkles this week! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your week! (And remember daylight savings time is this weekend!!)